Sitka Economic Development Association Mission:
TO FOSTER A BUSINESS CLIMATE THAT IS RECEPTIVE AND CONDUCIVE TO EXISTING AND NEW BUSINESS, HELP PROMOTE THE CREATION OF FAMILY WAGE JOBS, AND ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR SITKANS.
SEDA STRONGLY BELIEVES IN THE RETENTION AND EXPANSION OF EXISTING BUSINESSES IN SITKA. OUR GOAL IS TO STRENGTHEN AND ENHANCE SITKA'S IMAGE AS A CHARMING, HISTORIC CITY THAT is SUPPORTIVE of business and industry.
SEDA'S ROLE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCLUDES:
- Research and analysis of potential problems and opportunities to assist the community with long-term planning
- Facilitating and networking with community members, industry professionals and policy makers
- Evaluating and understanding the communities infrastructure needs and assets
- Advocating and promotion of issues that affect Sitka's economy and quality of life
- Managing the Gary Paxton Industrial Park (GPIP)
- Informing and educating on economics and community development topics
- Creating living wage employment opportunities.
- Increasing private investment.
- Maintaining a high quality of life for Sitka residents.
Learn more about the community of Sitka:
SEDA's on-going activities include:
- Managing the Gary Paxton Industrial Park (GPIP), including promoting construction of a deep water dock ( schedule completion fall 2017)
- Support for local industry sectors
- Brokering innovation driven development
- Marketing and management of Sitka fresh water assets
- Support and research into the development off housing affordable for the local workforce
- Advocating for stable, reliant and affordable transportation in and out of Sitka
- Workforce development
- Collaboration with regional economic development groups
- Supporting development and maintenance of the foundational elements that support economic activity: reliable energy resources, housing affordable for the local workforce, marine infrastructure that supports Sitka's commercial fishing industry, transportation infrastructure (airport, marine highway, roads, and harbors), broadband communications, vital healthcare services, access to education, etc...